Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Went to Quilt Market and Dorket it Up


My co-workers and I went to the Portland Quilt Market this spring.  I'd like to say "I went to Quilt Market and all I got was a bunch of pictures of me with my eyes closed". Seriously, me and Tula Pink with my eyes closed. I wanted to die

However, I did go to Sample Spree and get some fun things. The line up with enormous. I had no desire to line up hours (!) before the doors opened and jostle with a bunch of women. It gave me a bit of a panic really. So I was happy to be near the end of the line.

I picked up a bundle of Heather Ross's Briar Rose. It has been die cut into tumblers (with the addition of some coordinating solids) and I am well on my way.
The other fq bundle is Flower Sugar by Lecien. I was excited about this one because I knew we would not be getting it in the shop and I have always wanted to make a Flower Sugar quilt. I am thinking of using either Tula Pink's new sampler book or a Jeni Kingwell pattern.


Moda had a giant swan paddle boat. I would make that into a love seat with lots of cushions. I am wearing the t-shirt I asked Doug to print me, Sewinatrix. And my eyes are mostly open.


The Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt by Jeni Kingwell. It is delightful. I also liked Gypsey Kisses. We bought all her patterns and I will be tackling one in the future.


The nicest patchwork dress by Art Gallery fabrics. I also love the black line drawing "windows". It gave me ideas for our own window.


I got to meet Jodi from RicRac.  I have been a fan of her blog and patterns for a while and she is just as wonderful as you would expect. She came all the way from across the universe and it was fun to see all of her instagram photos of Portland and her take on this fun city.

I also met Tula Pink and she is a master at public relations. That girl knows how to engage and draw people in. Very inspiring.

3 comments:

kz said...

It looks like it was a great time! can't wait to see all the fun things you make with your stuff from Sample Spree :)

Blessed Serendipity said...

It must of been inspiration everywhere you looked. Loved that dress.

Danielle

Amy Friend said...

Tara, I've been trying to reach you. You've won the Sew Mama Sew giveaway on my blog, During Quiet Time, for the FunStitch Studio book. Email me with your address!