Monday, September 24, 2012

Chicklette



 
We needed a model that would fit into a size 3 dress and naturally I thought of my almost 7 year old. I don't call her Shrimp for nothing.
This shop sample needed to be blogged on The Quilt Barn blog (I blog over there) and a sundress on a hanger just isn't as cute. 

 
 

 
Of course she was very happy to oblige my request to be a Barn Chicklette model (we call ourselves Barn Chicks at work). The above photo is her "this is how models pose" pose.
 
We are getting in to a good groove with the new school year. Mia, now 13 has braces (and the changes in 3 months are nothing short of a miracle) and is a cheerleader. Ava, now 9, is a very bright and creative girl. And Nuala is still a free spirit. Almost 7 she has a huge gap with her missing teeth and always keeps me on my toes.
 
My girls are my life and the days they aren't here are still tough but I am learning to enjoy the quiet and time to myself. I am feeling the desire to blog more. Fall is here, my favorite time of the year, and I am feeling renewed and optimistic 




4 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like life is good. Are you going to SS this year?

oh, jenny mae said...

nuala is adorable. you sound positive and content. good things all around.

grendelskin said...

Fabulous dress, tres chic model! Love your carousel header too.

click clack gorilla said...

Wow is that adorable.