Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sherbet Woods Quilt


I find myself wanting to talk about things other than quilting. I love quilting. Its my job, my hobby and my therapy. But sometimes I just want to let it all out. I've got things to say you know (just like all of you do too). But I don't know where to draw the line so I don't say anything.

So I will show you a quilt (cause I do love sewing after all. That is one real thing).
I made a Salt Air quilt a bit ago using Jaybird Quilts Radioway pattern and it sold out our fabric.
There are people just like me out there who have to see fabric used to know you like it. In fact, I wasn't sure I liked the fabric so I made a store sample with it. Turns out I did like it.
Anyway...I thought we still needed another store sample with Jaybird's pattern.


It is a very fun and easy pattern. Got a jelly roll and some neutral? Done.
But what fabric? My mind went to fabrics that were not doing so well in the store (see my above thoughts on people like me needing to see fabric being used to appreciate it).

For some reason people here in Southern Idaho are not jelling with Aneela's fabrics. It boggles my mind. I love her stuff. I made up a few jelly rolls using Walk in the Woods and Sherbet Pips (and maybe Little Apples, not sure).


I also found a new long arm pattern just for this quilt, mushrooms! Love love. Amy quilted this one up for me and its perfect.

If for some reason you are wondering where I have been and what I have been making you can find me over at my work blog, Quilt Barn.

And I finally got a computer and finally found someone to help me set it up.
I had been doing all my personal computer stuff via my iphone so I am happy to have something more substatial to work on. Hopefully it will get me back in a blogging frame of mind.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

This is so great, I think I am going to need this patterna

grendelskin said...

What a great quilt! I love the fabrics and the quilting pattern is just perfect!